Tuesday 27 March 2012

Vientiane Day 3


I missed the monks this morning. I slept in but was up in time to see the street 
lights dim and the sun rising. It is going to be a very, very, hot day today.

Luckily I have a lot of administration work to do today. 
So this blog will be mainly pictures as I didn’t go out till late.


I’ve brought along a big telephoto lens and between work I went out 
onto the balcony and became a voyeur.
Opposite the hotel is a large temple and college.
In the distance I can see Thailand across the Mekong River.
Spent time watching the world go by from the sixth floor 
of the hotel. Vientiane is very low rise so we have a 
wonderful panoramic view.

Later that night when everyone returned from the office we 
went back to Ansara for dinner.

There was another night market. 
It was a lot smaller than on Saturday night.








On the way back I even found some mannequins.

Everyone was feeling pretty tired, so a slow wander back to the 
hotel to sleep, perchance to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment